Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Classroom Tour (Part 2)

Hey Everybody!  I’m back with more pictures of my classroom.  Can I just say that this tour will be in about three million parts?  Ok…let’s get started.
If you missed the first part of my classroom tour…shame on you.  Noooo, I’m just kidding.  Click here.
IMGP2715 This is my writing chart.  Each student will have a clothes pin with their name to hang on the chart.  This chart helps me keep track of where students are in the writing process.
IMGP2716 This is my writing board.  Students can use the posters that are hanging as writing resources.  Many of the  posters are from A Cupcake for the Teacher and Andrea Knight.
IMGP2717This is the math board.  Students can use the posters that are hanging as math resources.  You can find Leanne Prince’s free money posters HERE and Amy Lemon’s shape posters HERE.  I made the addition strategy posters myself.  I put all of the posters in a sheet protector and then hang them so I can easily take them out and put them back up again.
IMGP2721 This is my reading board.  Thank you A Cupcake for the Teacher.
IMG_0980 Hey!  How did these two get in the post?  My babies came in to help one day.  They put a water bottle in each student’s cubby.  That was it!  :)
IMG_0972I wanted to do a little something different in my room, so I used tissue paper border on this bulletin board.  I got the idea from Jessica over at Second Grade Nest.  She gives a great tutorial.  So easy!  I think I will post my reading rotations and expectations on this board. That TV really bugs me…:(
IMG_0945
I’ve had these Dollar Tree containers for years.  I kept them in our shed for awhile, but I pulled them back out this school year.  I’m so glad idea.  These will be my students book bins for Read to Self.  I don’t have to worry about them breaking because they are so durable.  The filing boxes on the floor will be for math stations.  Read more about how I set up my math stations here.
Believe it or not, there’s still lots more to share.  Thanks for sticking with me.  Don’t forget to link up.  I would love to check out your classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment